In two sessions* of this 8-hour class, you’ll learn to make the hugely popular Making Backpack by Noodlehead featured in the “Color” Issue of Making Magazine. A perfect carryall for school, work or play. The zipper top and closure keep things secure. There is also an interior zip pocket and exterior slip pocket. Adjustable straps make it wearable in any season, also features additional top handles. The finished measurements are approximately 11 ½” wide x 15” tall x 5” deep (29 cm x 38 cm x 12 cm). This bag looks fantastic in canvas, twill and especially our unique oilskin from Merchant and Mills.
*Sessions span 1/29 & 1/31
Skills expected: This is an intermediate class. Please be sure you have experience equivalent to a level 2 class.
Skills you will learn: The skills you will learn in this class are inserting zippers neatly, sewing on webbing, sewing in lining and basic hand sewing.
NOTE: To save time and space for your fellow sewists, cut your pattern out before class. We encourage you to stop into the shop before class for help cutting out your fabric if needed.
- 1 yard (1 m) Exterior Fabric
- 1 yard (1 m) Lining Fabric
- 3 ½ (3.2 m) yards straight-grain ½” (12 mm) wide double fold binding
Hardware kit provided:
- two 1 1/2″-wide rectangle rings
- two 1 1/2″-wide strap sliders
- 2 1/2 yards 1 1/2″-wide cotton webbing (for straps, etc.)
- 1 1/8 yards 1″-wide cotton webbing (for handles, etc.)
- 22″ zipper for top closure (head-to-head YKK metal zipper)
- 8″ zipper (YKK) for interior zip pocket
- small leather rectangle for optional front patch