Join us for a class with Special Guest Jessica Marquez, author of Make and Mend! Learn to personalize your clothes with mesmerizing sashiko patterns. Students will learn how to transfer patterns directly onto their garment, how to adjust the scale of the pattern to make fit the dimensions of their piece, best tools and materials for this application, and how to stitch sashiko. Tips and tricks will be shared, like how to create a flawless finish inside your garment and line the garment with a base fabric patch. Please bring an article of clothing you’d like to embellish and we will provide everything else!
- Skills you will learn: How to hand stitch in the sashiko method
- Skills expected: None!
- Materials needed: One article of clothing you would like to embellish. While these techniques can be applied to all kinds of garments and textiles heavy weight jackets (denim, twill, cotton, linen), button-up shirt, or denim jeans are recommended. Feel free to bring a few options.
- Materials provided: Sashiko needles & thread, rulers, marking tools, thimbles, sewing thread & needles, pins.
- Minimum and max number of people for class: Min 6 / Max 12
- Instructor: Jessica Marquez