We will host a small group of ultra-beginners* here at the bakery to learn how to bake at home with sourdough starter. We will cover how to train up a lively starter from scratch, how to mix, ferment, shape, and bake your own loaf, and how to best utilize your home oven to produce crusty delicious results. We are limiting class size due to our small space, and to maximize hands-on bench-time with our lovely bakers!
You will take home:
- A fresh loaf of sourdough that you’ve made!
- A bit of active starter to keep you baking at home
- Freshly milled whole wheat flour to feed your starter
- Information packet including helpful tips and notes from the class
- Replicable formula for homemade country sourdough bread*This class is intended for folks who have little to no experience with naturally leavened baking. We will cover all basics to build a confident foundation upon which you can explore later, more advanced classes that’ll be offered in forthcoming months!